Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

What is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon (OMS)?

Drs. Luczynski and McDonald may refer you to an oral and maxillofacial surgeon if you require surgery for damage, decay or extractions that cannot be performed in the office. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are dentists specializing in surgery of the mouth, face and, jaws. After four years of dental school, surgeons receive four to seven years of hospital-based surgical and medical training, preparing them to do a wide range of procedures including all types of surgery of both the bones and soft tissues of the face, mouth and neck.